Saturday, January 14, 2012

Zoya Faye

Continuing the Zoya streak. I swear I own other polish brands! I need to make myself wear something else when I take this off...

Zoya calls Faye "a bronzed mauve with purple and brown undertones flooded with bright gold sparkle.  A unique gilded shade that will work in any season," and they classify it as a purple. I'm definitely going to agree with "purple undertones" and "flooded with bright gold sparkle," but I don't think I would call it a purple at all! I asked my husband what color he thought it was and he said, "Pink? Gold?" and that's pretty much how I feel about it!

Here are a LOT of pictures; I wanted to try to show you all of her faces. All 2 coats. And, as always, clickable to view much larger.

Here's Faye in front front of my window; natural, indirect light.



Here she is in direct sunlight. This is the only time you can see that she isn't as opaque as a cream would be.


This pretty much the ONLY picture I took that showed her as purple!


Indirect sunlight,

direct sunlight,


and shade. She is a mostly-pink with gold shimmer in sunlight, but she is pretty much pure gold in any other light.


I wore her matte last spring, and this is what she looked like then. Beautiful, and much more purple than she is shiny!


Finally, here she is in action. This is while I was a work yesterday. She really comes across as a rose-y, golden foil more than she does a "bronzed mauve with purple undertones."


Do you have Faye? What do you think of her?

No comments:

Post a Comment