Tuesday, January 24, 2012

OPI Manicurist of Seville

Here's a color I've worn at least 3 times in the last 5 months, which is pretty frequent for me. The first time was late last summer. The week I got back from our honeymoon, I jumped right into rehearsal for an opera scenes production. I wore for closing night; I figured if we're doing opera, then a polish named after an opera would be only appropriate!

Here is OPI Manicurist of Seville, as I photographed her in August:

Direct sunlight. Pretty color accurate.
Inside shade. Also color accurate for the lighting.

Then as I photographed her last week; these are all 2 coats, no topcoat, & in indirect sun.


I can't ever leave anything alone if it's on my nails for longer than a day or two, so I layered CND Sheer 24K Sparkle over it, and the result was seriously beautiful.



I wore this for 5 days and had minimal tip wear for me (as a pianist, I have a lot more tipwear than the average person!) and only got one tiny chip on day 5. Considering 9 months ago when I started wearing polish I HAD to repolish every day or two, that feels like a huge victory.

I also wore MoS in mid-December with a glitter gradient of Essie's A Cut Above, but my nails had a rough couple months between the two wearings pictured above, so I don't really want to subject you to pictures of it!

I know MoS is by now considered a pretty boring color, but I still love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment