Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pink Wednesday: Essie Your Hut or Mine

I love Essie. They aren't the most exciting of nail polish brands, but I like their cute little bottles & I like their brush, and I think they have some really beautiful shimmers (see: smooth sailing, mochacino). I got Your Hut or Mine thinking that it's a beautiful pink with a great gold shimmer, and... it halfway delivered.


This picture isn't in focus at all, but I just wanted to say: this is how YHOM wants to photograph. This is so far from accurate it isn't even funny.

This is closer to reality, but it's still not quite that bright. The real color is closer to the next picture, though my skin looks totally dead:


I will definitely be reaching for this color again, because it's a pink that walks the fine line between old-lady-pink and bubblegum-pink. I have had a really hard time finding a pink that doesn't feel too young or too old, and I think this one is exactly were I wanted it to be. But do you see any shimmer in there? Because I don't. It makes me sad. :(
But it's still pretty, and if you're having a hard time finding the right mix between young-old-bright-pale pinks, I highly suggest this one!

Also, don't forget that I'm having a little giveaway with red & blue goodies over here!

No comments:

Post a Comment