Saturday, March 3, 2012

China Glaze: Hunger Games - Smoke & Ashes


Let's be honest: If you're a Hunger Games fan, you will get this polish, even if you think it's not your cup of tea. Who isn't supporting District 12?!

I thought this was just a black with a little bit of shimmer, but whoa. The shimmer is seriously incredible.

All of these pictures are 1 coat, no top coat.

Here you can see the shimmer looking a little bit blue but also a little bit green. It depends on the light!






Formula is absolutely spot on. Yet again, this is one perfect coat. Dear China Glaze, I love you.
Smoke & Ashes really does mostly just look black probably 85% of the time. If you look at it from close up, you can always see the shimmer, even in low light. But then in the sunlight... well, you've seen the picture! Some seriously gorgeous blue shimmer.
A lot of people have said that this is a blackened blue base, not a true black, but I'm going to disagree. Even if it is something like #00001D in hex, with just the slightest amount of blue, my eyes sure can't see it. They just see black with pretty blue shimmer. Yes, when the light catches it, it sure looks blue, but I really think that's just the shimmer.

So to sum up: crazy opaque black with crazy beautiful blue shimmer. Yet another Hunger Games polish that I love so much more than I expected to.

No comments:

Post a Comment