Friday, July 20, 2012

Stamping! Attempt #1

Guys! The Bundlemonster plates I ordered got here last week, and then I had to wait ANOTHER week before my stamper got here! It was the most frustrating week ever. Walking to the mail box in hopes of nail mail only to be disappointed AGAIN? So sad. But it finally got here today! So here is my first attempt at stamping!

But before I show you the pictures, let me apologize. These photos are from my iPhone, not my real camera! But we are moving across town right now, so most of our stuff is in boxes, including my card reader!


I used WnW Fergie Miami Spirit. It's super lovely! It dried demi-matte, which I wasn't expecting, but that meant it dried super fast. The brush was big & floppy, but not unmanageable. And after top coat, it has some seriously gorgeous shimmer!
I stamped using BM201 and a white from a Rimmel french manicure set.

None of these are quite color accurate; but the left one here is probably closest. It wants to photograph a lot bluer than it actually is.

Also, you just saw my right hand! Two of the nails on my left hand are totally mangled, so it's going to be a couple weeks before I feel okay photographing it again. Plus, I started on my left hand and then moved to my right hand, and I can definitely tell how much better my stamping got!

For me, the hardest thing about stamping was figuring out the right amount of polish. I started with WAY too much, but as soon as I figured that out, it got a lot better.

I've only done it once, but it's official: I LOVE STAMPING! It's so much fun, it makes me feel fancy, and it's so much easier than the final outcome looks! J'adore.

No comments:

Post a Comment